What Students and Teachers Get:
Ancestry Library Edition (In library use only) – This family history database offers full-text information on genealogy resources.
Creativebug — For our crafty patrons! Enjoy unlimited access to over 1,000 online art and craft classes. Watch classes anytime, anywhere. Since the classes never expire, you can start and stop projects at your own pace. No pressure, just possibilities! Great for many ages.
Mango Languages —Learn a new language with native-speaker audio and proven methodologies, Mango’s adaptive learning process evolves to your progress and unique learning behaviors, preparing you to start the conversation with confidence.
Mel.org Databases– Provides access to a wide variety of informational databases such as Britannica School, Learning Express Library, Newspaper Source Plus, Novelist Plus, Opposing Viewpoints in Context, and World Book Kids.
Overdrive – Borrow and read free eBooks and eAudiobooks. Whether you are looking for new and popular or classics, Overdrive has a great selection of books to choose from.
Enjoy a wide variety of eAudiobooks and eMagazines. With simultaneous access on the vast majority of the eAudiobooks, you will almost never have to be on a hold list. As for the magazines, once checked out you can keep the magazines for as long as you like. With many great titles, you are sure to find something you like.
Tutor.com connects a student with a professional tutor online to receive help with difficult homework problems, review term papers, and more. Tutors are available everyday from 4:00 to 11:00 PM.
Free use of the library’s WiFi and public computers featuring Microsoft Office applications and the Internet. Children and teens may also enjoy Roblox, Minecraft, and other games featured on our computers and iPads in the Youth Department.
How the Partnership Works:
- Every student in Roseville Community Schools will be issued a virtual library card using the prefix “RCS” followed by the student’s Roseville school ID number as the library card number.
- Their four-digit PIN will be the last four digits of the phone number listed in their records. If there is no phone number on file, a four-digit PIN will be automatically provided. Students or parents/guardians may contact the Roseville Public Library to change or obtain the PIN for the virtual card.
- Students who already have a public library card will retain their card and some students may end up with both a public card and a virtual card.
- Students living in Roseville are encouraged to upgrade their access so they can check out print materials and more. This must be done at the Roseville Public Library. A library card application with a parent or guardian signature plus photo ID verifying a current Roseville address is required.
- Teachers, regardless of residency, are encouraged to apply for a library courtesy card if they do not already have one in order to have full access to the resources available to their students.
Access is Only the Beginning:
- Encouraging students and faculty to use the resources of the public library is a critical part of the success of this program.
- Regular communication between educators and librarians will help public libraries better respond to student homework assignment needs.
- Public library summer reading and education programs help participating students maintain or increase grade and reading levels.