Adult Open Craft Night
Tuesday, October 22 @ 5:30 PM
Come get crafty at the Library. Join us for a social crafting evening. Work on your own projects while enjoying the company of other crafters. Please bring your own supplies. Some coloring and beading supplies will be provided. Registration is required and begins October 1.
Instant Pot Demonstration
Monday, October 28 @ 6:30 PM
Join local chef Mary Spencer and learn the ins and outs of using an Instant Pot. Focusing on the pressure cooking feature, Mary will show us how to cook two different dishes. Samples will be served. Registration is required and begins October 7.
Cooking Matters for Adults
Fridays from November 1 to December 13 @ 2:00 PM
Register at beaumont.org/classes-events or call 800-633-7377
The Cooking Matters TM workshop is a 6-week commitment (skipping the Friday after Thanksgiving), with each session lasting 2 hours. These fun interactive sessions are presented by trained culinary and nutrition instructors and includes hands-on presentations on the link between nutrition and health, the affordability of healthy eating, being self-sufficient in the kitchen and general nutritional principles.
Beaumont is proud to offer Cooking Matters TM workshops FREE of charge with FREE groceries and FREE cookbooks included.
• Cooking tips
• Food safety at home
• Quick & affordable recipes
• Shopping smart
• Planning balanced meals
• Healthy snacks
Booked for the Evening
Thursday, November 7 @ 6:30 PM: Dracula by Bram Stoker
Thursday, December 12 @ 6:30 PM: A Gentleman in Moscow by Amor Towles
Bring a friend and join us for some lively discussion at our book group. You are welcome to join us even if you have not read the book. Need a copy? Contact the library today! The Booked for the Evening book group has had book discussions since it was started in 1999.
Looking for help with the computer? Make an appointment for a one-on-one session with one of our librarians. Bring your device and any cords needed to the lab. If you don’t have a laptop, we have a laptop at the library to work with. Each one-on-one session lasts 30 minutes. Please call the library at (586) 445-5407 and select option 3 for the Adult Reference Desk. The librarian will take your information and you will be contacted to set up an appointment.
Topics Available Include:
- Basic computer instruction
- Using email and password creation
- Tablet (iPad, Kindle, Android) introductions
- Smartphone introduction
- How to use the library’s free e-resources such as Overdrive e-books, Freegal music, RB Digital magazines, and tutor.com
- Microsoft Office, Google Drive, Pages training
- How to practice good computer hygiene (clearing cookies and running basic virus protection)
- Designing resumes and introduction to online job boards
- Using library’s archive scanner to digitize old photos and documents
At this time, the Roseville Public Library does
not offer the following services, but appreciate you thinking
- Printer and home networking
- Computer or phone repair
- Virus removal or other activities which could void warranty
- Sessions which may involve breaking copyright law
- Creating viral marketing campaigns for profit or nonprofit
- Writing resumes