Tree Lighting Activities – Magician, Balloon Twisting, Crafts
Thursday, December 5 @ 7:30 PM
Even thought the Library closes at 5:00 PM our staff will be hosting some fun activities in the Library’s warm and cozy indoor Erin Auditorium (enter either from our South entrance or through City Hall) from 7:30pm-9:00pm. Enjoy a visit from Christmas Carol who performs strolling magic and balloon twisting. Also, we’re crafting for the holidays! Drop-in craft stations include star ornaments, paper gingerbread houses, candy cane reindeer, snowflake ornaments and more. There will not be “visions of sugar plums” but there will be sugar floss (cotton candy). All ages welcome. No registration required. Children under the age of 5 will need an adult helper.
Adult Open Craft Night
Tuesday, December 10 @5:30 PM
Come get crafty at the Library. Join us for a social crafting evening. Work on your own projects while enjoying the company of other crafters. Please bring your own supplies. Some coloring and beading supplies will be provided. Registration is required and begins November 19.
Booked for the Evening
Thursday, December 12 @ 6:30 PM: A Gentleman in Moscow by Amor Towles
Bring a friend and join us for some lively discussion at our book group. You are welcome to join us even if you have not read the book. Need a copy? Contact the library today! The Booked for the Evening book group has had book discussions since it was started in 1999.
Crafts With Quilling
Thursday, December 19 @ 5:30 PM
Learn how to decorate holiday cards and ornaments with quilling which uses strips of paper that are rolled to create decorative designs. This event is for teens and adults. Registration is required and begins November 28.
Looking for help with the computer? Make an appointment for a one-on-one session with one of our librarians. Bring your device and any cords needed to the lab. If you don’t have a laptop, we have a laptop at the library to work with. Each one-on-one session lasts 30 minutes. Please call the library at (586) 445-5407 and select option 3 for the Adult Reference Desk. The librarian will take your information and you will be contacted to set up an appointment.
Topics Available Include:
- Basic computer instruction
- Using email and password creation
- Tablet (iPad, Kindle, Android) introductions
- Smartphone introduction
- How to use the library’s free e-resources such as Overdrive e-books, Freegal music, RB Digital magazines, and tutor.com
- Microsoft Office, Google Drive, Pages training
- How to practice good computer hygiene (clearing cookies and running basic virus protection)
- Designing resumes and introduction to online job boards
- Using library’s archive scanner to digitize old photos and documents
At this time, the Roseville Public Library does
not offer the following services, but appreciate you thinking
- Printer and home networking
- Computer or phone repair
- Virus removal or other activities which could void warranty
- Sessions which may involve breaking copyright law
- Creating viral marketing campaigns for profit or nonprofit
- Writing resumes