Collection Development Policy and Citizen’s Request for Reconsideration of Library Materials Form
PROCEDURES FOR REQUESTS FOR RECONSIDERATION OF LIBRARY MATERIALS
- The Roseville Public Library (RPL) responds to requests for reconsideration of library materials in writing.
- Requestors must have read, heard or viewed the entire work to have their challenge considered.
- RPL’s Challenged Materials Committee reviews these requests.
- The Committee, consisting of youth and adult librarians, and headed by the Library Director, reviews the item in light of the patron’s concern, the RPL selection policy, and professional reviews of the title within 30 days.
- The Committee’s decision will be communicated in writing to the requesting party via a letter sent by the Director.
RPL’s Collection Development policy may be viewed here:
Collection Development Policy
RPL’s Request for Reconsideration of Library Materials Form may be viewed and downloaded here:
Request for Reconsideration of Library Materials Form