Need help with your homework? Looking for information on a specific topic? Want to find fun educational games? We have gathered some of the best online resources to help you with homework and learning.
- Lexile Website
- Lexile Guided Reading
- Lexile Conversion Chart
- Accelerated Reader
- Great Web Sites for Kids is a compilation of exemplary websites geared to children from birth to age 14. The sites cover a variety of topics including science, the arts, mathematics, computers, history and biography.
- Michigan eLibrary’s Kids Gateway provides a list of reliable age appropriate resources that inform and stimulate the mind. And they’re fun too! Databases included in the Kids Gateway are: Kids Info Bits, World Book Kids, and Scholastic Early World of Learning.
- Created by Roseville Community Schools, the Knowledge Nook is a collection of websites that have been either created or identified as useful, in supporting parents and students across all curriculum areas. The Roseville Knowledge Nook will continuously be updated to reach out and provide the latest news, information, and free learning support for the whole family!
- Need some extra practice to do your best in school? The The Learning Express Library School Center will help you get ready with practice, lessons and study help. You will have to create an account to use the Learning Express Library resources.
- Kids InfoBits is a great educational product for today’s young learners. It’s a content-rich, easy-to-use resource featuring age-appropriate, reliable, curriculum-related content covering a broad range of educational topics. Kids InfoBits addresses the way kids learn and conduct research – and makes it fun!
- The Homework Spot is a
free homework information portal that features the very best K-12 homework-related sites. Sites are organized into grade-appropriate categories. And because no homework is complete without a study break, the Homework Spot has also included a wide assortment of fun, mind-stretching, horizon-expanding activities, diversions and events
- IPL2 for Kids Search for your subject and get a list of resources chosen by librarians around the country.
- Wordsmyth Free online dictionary including thesaurus, children’s and intermediate dictionaries.
- Fact Monster is a free reference site for students, teachers, and parents. Get homework help and find facts on thousands of subjects, including sports, entertainment, geography, history, biography, education and health.
- The revamped SAT is coming in the spring of 2016. The revamped SAT will be replacing the ACT as part of the spring testing period for Michigan high school juniors. Get ready for the change with Free SAT Preparation Videos from Khan Academy.
- LearningExpress Library offers the practice tests, exercises, skill-building courses, eBooks, and information on a wide variety of subjects and levels. Choose from one of the Learning Centers listed below. You will have to create an account to use the LearningExpress Library resources.
- Middle School Here you will find resources for 6th-8th grade math, reading comprehension, social studies, writing skills and high school entrance exams.
- High School This webpage offers high school level resources for logic, social studies, reading, writing, algebra, geometry, trigonometry, science and much more.
- College Prep Find resources for AP exams, ACT, SAT, PSAT, TOEFL, THEA and other college placement preparation.
Research Paper Resources:
- Bartleby.com This site has a dictionary, thesaurus, encyclopedia, gazetteer and quotations — to name a few!
- Gale Virtual Reference Library This multidisciplinary database offers full text articles from encyclopedias and specialized reference resources.
- Opposing Viewpoints This site features articles on many of the social issues that our world faces today.
- Purdue Online Writing Center The Purdue OWL site offers grammar and style resources as well as APA and MLA formatting guides.