What it Means for You!
This fall, most SLC libraries moved to a new ILS (integrated library system) Polaris. This means that library staff will be working with an entirely new catalog and computer system within the building, and you will also see a different catalog when you place holds or check your account online. If you have ever used the Clinton-Macomb or Troy libraries, then you already have interacted with Polaris in some form. We are excited about this change as it should bring us a more modern and user-friendly system with new features.
Starting Thursday, September 22
- Hold requests and account access will be available in Polaris.
- New online catalog, Vega, will be available.
- All magazines temporarily cannot be checked out.
- PINs will be reset to the last four digits of the library card number. Let an employee know if you would like to change your PIN.
- Let an employee know if you would like to maintain your reading history in your account going forward.
Starting Tuesday, November 1
- MeLCat borrowing returns.
Please note: These are currently projected dates. Details may change.
As always, if you have questions, visit us or give us a call at (586) 445 – 5407. We thank you for your patience and understanding as we move to the new system.