Join the Roseville Public Library’s
Summer Reading Challenge
“Tails and Tales”
June 21 – July 30, 2021
How the Summer Reading Challenge Works:
- All activities are free
- For kids going into preschool through grade 6
- Earn a point for every minute you read
- For every 100 points earned stop by the Youth Desk for a small prize
- Earn 500 points to enter the Grand Prize Raffle
- Complete the requirements to receive a certificate of completion and a ballot to enter the Grand Prize Raffle for an Annual Family Membership to the Detroit Zoo
- You can register online below to use the online reading log using Wandoo Reader.
- Participants (or their parent/guardian) must have a valid Roseville Library card in good standing in their name to register
The Online Listener Summer Reading Challenge is for children not yet reading independently.
The Online Reader Summer Reading Challenge is for children who are reading independently.
For more information about registering and using Wandoo Reader for the Listener and Reader Summer Reading Challenge please take a look at our Tutorial Video.
Parents: Summer is the perfect time for children to continue improving their reading skills. Children who don’t read during the summer can lose up to two months of reading skills by the time they return to school in the fall. Bring your child to the library to check out books. Library Summer Reading programs provide support and incentives to kids to keep them reading all summer long.
Please Note: All children who complete the requirements for the Summer Reading Challenge will receive a certificate of completion. Many schools acknowledge students who participate in the Summer Reading Program, so please keep your certificate of completion and turn it in after the first day of school.
Special Youth Programs:
Literary Pets Photo Contest – Monday, June 21 through Friday, July 30
Get your camera ready! The Roseville Public Library is holding a Summer Reading Pet Photo Contest. Entries for the contest will be taken from Monday, June 21 through Friday, July 30. Winners will be announced on Monday August. A panel of judges will award prizes in the following categories: Pets Reading; Pets Dressed as Book Characters; Reading with Pets. One winner will be chosen in each category and awarded a $25 Pet Smart gift certificate.
To enter the contest please email your pet photo to email@example.com with the subject Pet Photo Contest and let us know the following: Your name, your phone number, what category you are submitting a photo for & anything you would like us to know about your pet / photo.