Join the Roseville Public Library’s
Summer Reading Club
June 14 – July 26 2019
How the Summer Reading Club works:
- The Readers group is for children up to 5th grade who are reading independently
- The Listeners group are for children not yet reading independently
- You can register either in person or online at www.rosevillelibrary.org.
- After you have registered, you will be given a starter bag which includes your reading log, schedule of summer activities and programs, and incentives.
- Our program runs from June 14th through July 26th, so you will have plenty of time to read and complete your summer reading goal.
How to Play:
- Earn points by reading or listening to stories, attending library programs, writing book reviews, and using the database, Novelist Plus
- For every 100 points earned stop by the Youth Desk and spin the Prize Wheel for a small prize
- Earn 500 points and to enter the Grand Prize Raffle
- The Grand Prize for the Readers is a gift basket containing a Lego Space Shuttle, Stomp Rocket, Precious Earth Plush, and $25 Target Gift Card.
- The Grand Prize for the Listeners is a gift basket containing an Astronaut Helmet, We’re All Wonders Book, and Precious Earth Plush.
We will be offering many special free programs during the summer so pick up a list of our activities and visit the library often. For more information, talk to the librarian in the Youth Area, call the library at 586-445-5407 ext. 4, or check our website.
Please note: All students who complete the requirements will receive a certificate of completion. Many schools acknowledge students who participate in the Summer Reading Program, so please keep your reading log and/or certificate of completion and turn it in after the first day of school.
Special Youth Programs:
Library Melodies: Matthew Ball, The Boogie Woogie Kid – Wednesday, July 10 at 2:00 PM
YouTube Sensation of 4 million views! Pianist/Singer/Songwriter Matthew Ball, aka The Boogie Woogie Kid, performs a family-friendly program of Boogie-Blues-Ragtime and Song favorites from the SWING Era. With piano and song hits like Ain’t Misbehavin, In The Mood, When the Saints Go Marchin’ In, You Are my Sunshine, Glory of Love, The Entertainer, Bumble Boogie and more, there is sure to be something for all ages. No registration required and all ages welcome.
Space Is Out of This World
Monday, July 15 at 6:00 PM
Children will explore planets and stars with fun, hands-on STEM (Science, Technology, Engineering and Math) challenges. Registration is required and children 5 and younger must be accompanied by an adult.
Outdoor Book Walk – Mondays from 10:00 AM to 7:00 PM
June 17, June 24, July 1, July 8, July 15, and July 22
Hike a path lined by pages of a book on the Library grounds. Participants of the Library’s Summer Reading Club can earn points toward your summer reading goal. No registration required and all ages welcome. Weather permitting.
Family Movies – Fridays at 2:00 PM
No Registration is required and all ages welcome.
June 14 – Spider Man Into The Spiderverse
June 21 – Treasure Planet
June 28 – A Wrinkle in Time
July 5 – the Grinch
July 12 – The House With A Clock In It’s Walls
July 19 – Wall – E
July 26 – Ralph Breaks the Internet