Join the Roseville Public Library’s
Summer Reading Club
June 1 – August 17, 2018
How the Summer Reading Club works:
- “Libraries Rock Bingo” is for preschoolers through 5th grade
- You can register either in person or online at www.rosevillelibrary.org.
- After you have registered, you will be given a starter bag which includes your reading log, schedule of summer activities and programs, and incentives.
- Our program runs from June 1st through August 17th, so you don’t necessarily have to read 30 days consecutively.
How to Play:
- Complete 5 squares in a row to make a BINGO
- Fill in each square with what you read or did
- Prizes awarded for the first 5 BINGOs
- When you complete the whole card, you will be entered into the Grand Prize Drawing and get an invitation to the Ice Cream Social
- BINGO card entries accepted through August 17, 2018.
- Have fun! Enjoy reading the books you want to read in your favorite format – books, ebooks, audiobooks, or eaudiobooks.
- Need help with a square? Ask a librarian
- 1st BINGO: Sticker
- 2nd BINGO: Pizza Bookmark
- 3rd BINGO: Temporary Tattoo
- 4th BINGO: Comic Book
- 5th BINGO: Mini Flute
- Grand Prize Drawing: $150 gift certificate to Paul’s Bike Depot
We will be offering many special free programs during the summer so pick up a list of our activities and visit the library often. For more information, talk to the librarian in the Youth Area, call the library at 586-445-5407 ext. 4, or check our website.
Please note: All students who complete the requirements will receive a certificate of completion. Many schools acknowledge students who participate in the Summer Reading Program, so please keep your reading log and/or certificate of completion and turn it in after the first day of school.
NEW! Book Camp
Every kid loves a good story! Our goal is to encourage and improve reading skills during the summer by combining great books with fun programs and activities. Enrollment is limited to 20 students who can commit to all four days. Registration begins Friday, June 1 in person as permission slip must be provided.
Session I: Must have completed Kindergarten or 1st grade
Monday, June 18 – Thursday, June 21
9:00 AM – Noon
Session II: Must have completed 2nd or 3rd grade
Monday, June 25 – Thursday, June 28
9:00 AM – Noon
Special Kids Programs:
Chess Nuts: Drop in Chess Play – Wednesday, June 6 from 4:00 to 7:00 PM. All ages.
Music and Movement Storytime – Friday, June 8 @ 10:00 AM. Ages 1-5. Register
Summer Musical Movies – Thursday, June 14 @ 2:00 PM. West Side Story. All ages.
LIVE! on the Plaza: Drummunity – Thursday, June 14 @ 6:30 PM. City Hall Plaza. No registration required. All ages.
Friday Family Films – Friday, June 15 @ 2:00 PM. Sing. All ages.
LEGO® Club – Friday, June 15 @ 3:45 PM. For elementary school aged children.
Summer Science Fun – Wednesday, June 20 @ 6:00 PM. Grades 3-8. Register
Arts and Scraps presents Science of Sound – Friday, June 22 @ 2:00 PM. Grades K-5. Register
Friday Family Films – Friday, June 29 @ 2:00 PM. Rock Dog. All ages.
Makers Design Challenge – Thursday, July 5 from 10:00 AM to Noon. For elementary aged school children.
Chess Nuts: Drop in Chess Play – Wednesday, July 11 from 4:00 to 7:00 PM. All ages.
Paw Patrol Party – Thursday, July 12 @ 11:00 AM. For preschool and elementary aged school children. Register
Friday Family Films – Friday, July 13 @ 2:00 PM. Wonder. All ages.
Summer STEM: Sound Science Rocks! – Tuesday, July 17 @ 6:00 PM. For grades K-5. Register
Summer Musical Movies – Thursday, July 19 @ 2:00 PM. An American in Paris. All ages.
Music and Movement Storytime – Friday, July 20 @ 10:00 AM. Ages 1-5. Register
LEGO® Club – Friday, July 20 @ 2:00 PM. For elementary school aged children.
Family Craft: Kindness Rocks! – Monday, July 23 @ 6:30 PM. All ages. Children under 5 must have an adult helper. Register
Kids Beats Drums Alive! – Thursday, July 26 @ 11:00 AM. For preschool and elementary school aged children. Register
Friday Family Films – Friday, July 27 @ 2:00 PM. Coco. All ages.
Chess Nuts: Drop in Chess Play – Wednesday, August 1 from 4:00 to 7:00 PM. All ages.
LEGO® Club – Friday, August 3 @ 2:00 PM. For elementary school aged children.
Summer Musical Movies – Friday, August 9 @ 2:00 PM. Grease. All ages.
Friday Family Films – Friday, August 10 @ 2:00 PM. Moana. All ages.
Drop-In Hedgehog Book Craft – Tuesday, August 14 from 2:00 – 4:00 PM. All ages.