Roseville Public Library
Income Tax Resources
Tax Year 2017
As a service to our patrons, the Roseville Public Library provides a limited supply of selected federal and state tax forms and instructions. We do not carry city forms. The library also provides reproducible copies of federal and state tax forms that you can photocopy (single-sided only) for twenty cents per page.
While library employees cannot answer questions regarding the preparation of your taxes, they can assist you in locating forms.
Quick Links to Common Forms:
IRS Schedule A (form 1040)
IRS Schedule B (form 1040)
IRS Schedule C (form 1040)
IRS Schedule D (form 1040)
2017 MI Homestead Property Tax Credit Claim – MI-1040CR
2017 MI Home Heating Credit Claim – MI-1040CR-7
To Obtain Tax Forms by Telephone
- 1-800-829-3676 (Federal)
- 517-636-4486 (State) Forms may be ordered beginning in February.
To Obtain Tax Forms or Information Online
- www.irs.gov (Federal)
- www.michigan.gov/taxes (State) then click on the Individual Income Tax blue box at the left of the screen.
To Obtain Assistance with Tax Forms by Telephone
- 1-800-829-1040 (Federal)
- 517-636-4486 (State)
To Obtain City of Detroit Tax Forms or Assistance
- 2017 City of Detroit individual taxes are being handled by the State of Michigan
- www.michigan.gov/citytax – for City of Detroit information and forms
- 517-636-5829 – for City of Detroit information and forms
Local IRS Office:
500 Woodward Avenue
Detroit, MI 48226
Monday – Friday, 8:30AM – 4:30PM
You must make an appointment to receive assistance at this office.
Call 844-545-5640 to make an appointment.
Additional Assistance with Taxes for Seniors
- The City of Roseville Treasurer’s Department will assist Roseville senior citizens with the Homestead Property Tax Credit Claim (MI-1040CR) and the Home Heating Credit Claim (MI-1040CR7).Call 586-445-5420 after January 30 for more information and to make an appointment.
- Volunteers from the American Association of Retired Persons (AARP) will be offering tax help to seniors at the Senior Center, located at 18185 Sycamore in Roseville, on Tuesdays from 9:00AM – 12:00PM until April 11. Tax help is by appointment only. Appointments can be made by calling (586) 777-7177.
- Volunteers from the American Association of Retired Persons (AARP) will be offering tax help to seniors at: St. Clair Shores Adult and Community Education Center 23055 Masonic Boulevard, St. Clair Shores, MI 48082 Tax help will be provided Monday and Wednesdays from 8:30 AM – 12:30 PM starting February 5th. Site is closed February 19th, April 2nd, and April 4th. Make an appointment in person during tax hours January 29th & 31st and throughout the tax season.
Free Tax Preparation
Tax preparation help is available for those who qualify at the following locations:
- Macomb County South Action Center – Accounting Aid Society:
Warren, MI 48089
Assistance is available on Thursdays and Fridays from 9 AM to 3 PM from January 25th to April 13th. An appointment is preferred. Qualification for assistance is based on income.
- Macomb County Central Action Center – Accounting Aid Society:
196 North Rose
Mt Clemens, MI 48043
Assistance is available Tuesdays & Wednesdays from 9 AM to 3 PM from January 23rd to April 11th. An appointment is preferred. Qualification for assistance is based on income.
J.K. Lasser’s Your Income Tax 2018 (for the 2017 tax year)
Shelf location: RR 336.24 L